Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Favorite things


I was just thinking about some of the things that Captain does that make me so happy. But my favorite thing about him? It's hard to pick one...

The way he rubs his eyes with his paws when he's waking up?
The way he half laughs half wimpers in his sleep?
How he runs?
His amazing good looks?
His amazing somersault style of playing?
Just plain cuddling up with him?

But I have to say, the thing he does that I love most, that I'm going to go out on a limb and say is unique to Vizslas (just because I haven't seen other dogs do it, but who knows) is his eruption into a complete wiggle machine when I walk in the door (whether it be I've been gone for 10 minutes or two hours). There is nothing like being greeted with that much pure excitement. And it is just plain ridiculously cute. Other dogs get excited to see their owners too, I know, but I've never seen any other wiggle in this incredible way- it's not so much a tail wagging as a butt wagging, an entire back half of the body wiggle mania- the rear end curls around and shakes back and forth, the head slightly down, and everything in between shaking like a slinky. We call him wiggly butt.

What about Captain's favorite thing? That's tough to say too... when he was younger, it was without a doubt sitting in front of our heating vent- he'd just plop himself down right in front of it, lift his head up, close his eyes, and soak up all that warm air. Now I'm not sure if it's running in the park, playing with other dogs, digging in the sand, eating any kind of freeze-dried meat item, or maybe going to our favorite pet store. So much fun to be had, so little time...

What about you? Your favorite thing about you V, and his/her favorite thing? Share if you please!

No comments:

Post a Comment