At my husband's suggestion, here's a list of 10 Vizsla Names for 2013: Popular names that seem to be trending, based on reader responses on Facebook, Vizsla's we've met, plus a dash of my own opinion - in other words, not based on any sort of statistics at all :-)
So here we go- in no particular order, great names for new Vizslas in 2013:
- Boagie - This was actually one of the names in the running when we were deciding what to call Captain. It sounds distinguished and fun at the same time, and I love it.
- Riley- We've met quite a few Vizsla Rileys, and have heard about others. It's cute and playful and works for a boy or girl!
- Molly- Molly seems to be a common and universally loved dog name. My grandfather's lab was named Molly, and I will forever love her- and this name.
- Penny- Another common, cute, playful girl's name that seems particularly well-suited for a Vizsla!
- Whiskey or Rye- A Facebook fan posted that he has a Whiskey and a "Ry" (short for Myriah, sounds like Rye)- I love the originality, the fact that these names suit their color, and the boozey reference ;-)
- Arrow- From another Facebook fan- OK, maybe it's not so common or "trending", but I listed it because I love how unique this name is, and how it evokes thoughts of speed- perfect for a Vizsla!
- Chase - Another speedy name!
- Ollie- Spunky and cute but still a little traditional- fits the Vizsla well.
- Sadie - Another cute girl's name.
- Ellie- We have met a few Ellies and Allies and it suits their happy energetic personalities.