Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mud Run


I guess it may not have been the smartest idea to go trail running after a week of rain. But I just couldn't help myself. It's the first time Captain has ever followed me on a run- usually he's blazing the path. He gave me more than a few "Mom, are we REALLY going down this mud trail?" looks. I think he knew a clean-up was coming once we got home...


We did about 12.5 miles all told -Captain's longest run so far! I think we will be making trail runs to and around Tilden park a more regular weekend event- it is a great place to run. And, nothing makes you feel like a kid (or a happy go lucky Vizsla) than just running around in the mud and loving it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time- minus all of the clean up afterwards! Captain's no dummy- he knew what was coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- that's quite a run! I'm sure Captain still wasn't all out of V-energy. I'm jealous you have hills & such gorgeous views.

    ReplyDelete