Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Captain on the Sonoma Coast

We had a great New Year's Eve weekend - we rented a house on the Russian River with some friends. Captain and his buddy Trax were so excited to explore the new spot.

I think I approve, Mom. But I better go run around that back yard.
Yup, plenty of room to run. And get muddy.

This is NOT what I had in mind. Mom, can I move already?

Later, it was lots of sleeping by the fireplace:
The next morning, someone forgot to tell Captain people stay up late on New Year's Eve. He was ready to go exploring bright and early. Oh well, it wasn't a bad view to wake up to and to go out for a run in!
After our run, Captain was happy to sit in the kitchen...
I'm pretty sure I should test that bacon out.

New Year's day we went to Blind Beach, one of the many nearby Sonoma State Park beaches. It was cold but lots of fun!





At the end of the weekend on the way home we decided to take the scenic route along Highway 1 and check out more of the beautiful California Sonoma coastline! The first pic of this post is from one of the 3 beaches we stopped at. For more on that drive, check out the Fido Factor post on Sonoma Coast beaches.


Highway 1 never ceases to impress me with its beautiful coastline. It seems like there's an amazing beach every 2 minutes! Captain is DEFINITELY a beach boy. I think he likes running in the sand more than anything... although cuddling under a blanket AFTER a good run may take a close second. Or maybe peanut butter is second... hard to say. Best to have all three. :-)
Happy New Year!

1 comment: