Sunday, December 18, 2011

Project Dog Book!


Last weekend we went to the Project Dog book launch party, and it was a blast! If you didn't see my last post on it, Project Dog is a photography book featuring Bay Area purebred and rescue dogs of all AKC breeds.

The launch party was at Wag hotels, in their spacious new doggie play area, complete with a doggie runway, and treats for 4 and 2 legged guests alike ;-)

I LOVED this dog, Odinn, a beautiful Ibizian Hound:

And this Weim got all dressed up for the occasion! 


We were pretty psyched to have Captain featured as the purebred Vizsla in the book. I think his picture came out great:

This is the full Vizsla page, also featuring Jake the rescue Vizsla:

Each page has a little write-up about the dog, the breed, and the dog's arrival. The rescue dogs in particular have really heartwarming- and sometimes sad- stories, but it is so good to know they are all in good homes with loving parents now!! The rescue organizations for Vizslas listed in the book include the Vizsla Club of Northern California Rescue and the Vizsla Rescue Haven. Definitely worth checking into if you have extra room in your house for another wonderful wiggler! And even if you don't, both organizations take donations. 'Tis the season for giving!
Do you think I look good in my picture? I was going for 'Blue Steel.'

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome book! This is my first time commenting, but I've been following your blog for a while! Captain is such a handsome boy! I some times wish we had more local vizslas for our Phinley to play with. Look forward to more of your "Vizsla Things" posts.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!
    Yep, am planning more Vizsla things, but my next little ideas involve videos, so I'm getting slowed down by trying to get just the right video (and by holiday time stuff!)... stay tuned ;-)

    ReplyDelete